- Hold Your Breath as You Exercise.
Breathe in freely as you walk, run, exercise, or stretch. Do not hold your breath. We need regular Oxygen to feed our muscles. Breathe out when you raise the weight during a bicep curl but inhale as you lower it. For push-ups, inhale as you lower to the floor, and exhale as you press yourself up. With improved cardiorespiratory fitness through aerobic training however, the muscles that aid in breathing strengthen. It becomes easier to take deeper breaths (for bringing the much-needed Oxygen into our bodies and for expelling carbon dioxide and waste products).
2. Ladies Should Stay Away From The Weights.
- Strength training will give you a toned, sleek, and well-defined physique, reduce lower back pain incidences, and will improve your neuromuscular coordination ladies and gentlemen. When you are stronger, life is easier and there will be no need to call for help.
b) Stronger bones
- Bones, just like muscles need to be stressed\strained to get stronger. Strength training reduces susceptibility to osteoporosis, arthritis, and bone-related conditions that come with aging. When you build strong muscles, you build stronger ligaments and tendons. It makes you less prone to injuries.
- The American College of Sports Medicine doesn’t differentiate between sexes in their strength training recommendation. So why should we?
3. You Can’t Achieve Your Fitness Goals Outside a Gym.
You might have felt overwhelmed when you walked into a gym because you are too self-conscious. Does your schedule allow you to join one? or maybe you live far away from the gym. Don’t stress, some of us simply like to be alone with our dumbbells. Weigh your options, have a goal, and conquer it. How have you done it during this Covid-19 crisis? The use of your own body weight, cycling, jogging, or investing in a home gym, are some great options. Your consistency and determination to work out are much more than any kind of gym membership you will ever pay.
4. Stretch Before Exercise.
- Stretch after your workout, not before. When your muscles are warm, The enhanced blood flow to the muscles keeps them warm and more receptive to the stretch.
- We stretch to lengthen our muscles and to loosen up the joints so that we can move freely. Give priority to muscles that you worked out and use in activities of daily living. Don’t neglect the major muscle groups and breathe as you stretch.
5. Exercise On An Empty Stomach To Burn Fat.
Exercising on an empty stomach which is also known as fasted cardio, is believed to help with weight loss. Working out after eating (30-60 minutes) on the other hand may give you more energy and improve your performance. Doing vigorous exercise on an empty stomach, if you aren’t a trained athlete is like driving your car on empty.
6. A Morning Workout Is Better.
The best time to workout is when you are ready for it. You might be a morning or evening person. Do you. The only advantage of doing it early is that you have it out of the way just in case your day gets crazy.
7. Spot Reduction.
There is a false belief that training a specific muscle will result in fat loss in only that area of the body. Exercising the abdominal muscles only in an effort to lose weight in or around one’s midsection is a big lie. If you are already lean, it might be fine to do exercises for defining specific areas but we lose our weight evenly as we exercise.
Burning calories through frequent, consistent cardiovascular exercise help shed belly fat. Combine it with improved nutrition based on our fitness goals